SciShops Summer School 1 – 4 July 2019, Limassol, Cyprus
The Horizon 2020 SciShops project consortium is organising a four-day Summer School on Science Shops in July 2019 in Cyprus. The Summer School will provide a platform for skills development, knowledge exchange and networking within the field of Science Shops and community-based participatory research (CBPR). It is open to both external applicants and representatives of the ten new Science Shops being set up as part of the SciShops project.
- Use of reflective sessions in which participants can exchange experiences and address challenges facing different models of Science Shops, including university-based, NGOs and business-based.
- Practical skills development in:
- moderation of co-creation events with diverse stakeholders
- presentation techniques and “pitching” your initiative to different audiences
- use of social media and other communication channels
- Contributions from experts in topics including partnership building; citizen science; business planning; entrepreneurship; impact planning and assessment.
- Field visits to science-society initiatives to see research and community partnerships in action.
- Wider networking with civil society organisations and others active in science and society projects.
Profile of desired Applicants
We particularly welcome applicants who are either in the process of setting up a new Science Shop or other community-based participatory research initiatives and already have some knowledge in this area, or are looking for professional development opportunities to further develop their existing initiatives. The Summer School will host 40 participants. All sessions will be held in English.
To apply, please complete this online application form. You will need to supply a 300-500 words motivation letter along with your CV. The Summer School is free to attend, however, successful applicants will need to cover the costs of their travel and subsistence.
The deadline for applications is 31st March 2019.