This module explores how Science Shops can effectively plan, implement and evaluate communication activities, including the communication of projects and their results.
Proposed duration: 3hr 30
Knowledge. After this module, participants will:
- Be familiar with the principles of effective communication for Science Shops.
- Know how to set objectives for an effective communication strategy, targeting audiences and crafting effective messages.
- Have an overview of communication planning and evaluation activities.
Skills and attitudes. After this module, participants will:
- Be able to map different channels to communicate messages.
- Gain skills about how to monitor and evaluate a communications strategy.
- Develop a strategic mindset to plan effective communications.
Training Info containing the session outline, interactive exercises and background information to support trainers delivering the training.
PowerPoint presentation (to support the delivery of the training).
Handout 1. Additional sources on communication and awareness building.
Handout 2. Communication monitoring tool.