This module explores the diversity of operational choices and models for Science Shops.
Proposed duration: 3hr 45
Knowledge. After this module, participants will:
- Gain awareness about the diversity of operational choices and models for Science Shops.
- Recognise the key aspects that define different operational models of Science Shops and challenges related to them.
Skills and attitudes. After this module, participants will:
- Be able to design their own model of Science Shop at their institutions.
- Realise the importance of a flexible approach to run a Science Shop, taking into account the context and available resources.
- Be able to anticipate challenges facing Science Shops.
Training Info containing the session outline, interactive exercises and background information to support trainers delivering the training.
PowerPoint presentation (to support the delivery of the training).
Template for the interactive exercise “Develop the operational model of the Science Shop at your institution”.
Handout 1. Overview of the options for operational models of Science Shops.
Handout 2. Advantages and disadvantages of the different operational choices for Science Shops.