This training provides an introduction to Science Shops. It can be used as a stand-alone training session or as the first module in a series of modules.
It is designed as an introduction to the Science Shop concept, its benefits and relationship with public engagement and RRI (responsible research and innovation).
Proposed duration: 2hr 30
Knowledge. After this module, participants will:
- Become familiar with the Science Shop concept, its benefits and relationship with public engagement and RRI.
- Understand the principles of running a Science Shop and related challenges.
- Have gained an overview of the steps to establish a Science Shop.
Skills and attitudes. After this module, participants will:
- Strengthen their interest in furthering their knowledge and skills with regard to Science Shops.
- Be interested in establishing a Science Shop at their institution.
- Be able to plan the first steps to establish a Science Shop.
Training Info containing the session outline, interactive exercises and background information to support trainers delivering the training.
PowerPoint presentation (to support delivery of the training).